[TYPO3-dev] The extbase dilemma

Felix Oertel f at oer.tel
Wed May 18 14:13:56 CEST 2011

Hey Popy

Am 18.05.11 13:14, schrieb Popy:
> 2011/5/18 Felix Oertel<f at oer.tel>
>> Same with extbase. It's not finnished and it will (most likely) become
>> great, if it gets finnished.
> So, why extbase is marked as "Stable" (while packaged into typo3 4.5) ?
> Obviously, it is not.

Good question. I don't know ...

>>> The main purpose of extbase was to prepare developers for the next major
>>> release of TYPO3: Version 5.
>> Who told you that? ;-)
> Extbase description : "A framework to build extensions in the style of FLOW3
> by now."

Yeah, in the syle. I don't read "You will learn how to code FLOW3" from
that, and even if: most of the principles and thoughts are backported
and I don't think anyone would say extbase would NOT bring you much
close from pibase to FLOW3. Just it's not exactly the same ...

regards, foertel