[TYPO3-dev] version and workspace problem after update 4.5.3-dev

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed May 11 08:40:16 CEST 2011

Hi Dominic,

> I just updated my 4.5.2 vers. to 4.5.3-dev, but the extensions workspace
> and version breaks. They simply werent inside of the EM and I couldnt
> install them over the install tool. I solved the problem for removing
> the entries out of the localconf.php, but now it isnt possible for
> installing workspace and version again.
>
> In a different website im running TYPO3 4.5.3-dev with workspace and
> version without any problem

I guess your both versions of 4.5.3-dev are not at the same Git revision
and your later one is "older".

workspace, version and dbal system extension were updated yesterday to
be included as Git submodules within Core and I'm pretty sure you
currently have empty typo3/sysext/{dbal,version,workspace} directories.

Make sure to initialize the submodules:

$ cd /path/to/typo3_src
$ git submodule update --init

HTH