[TYPO3-dev] Something like rake db::migrate_plugins

Christian Opitz christian.opitz at netzelf.de
Sat May 7 19:10:05 CEST 2011

Am 07.05.2011 18:19, schrieb Popy:

 > Please, don't do that, I'll have ruby nightmares every nights :/

I'm quite new to RoR, had some troubles too but didn't have nightmares
about that yet (Or did I? Hmm...) - what do you fear? I just like the
ease of the db-migrations there and as it's equally easy in TYPO3 but
not yet via CLI I thought this might be a good solution.

 > IMO, something which will automatically apply database modifications
after
 > extension update should be a better idea. CLI means shell access, wich is
 > not possible everywhere.

Oh, you are right - forgot about those projects where no CLI-access is
possible but IMO that's a general problem which could be solved by a
wrapper-script called via http with http-auth (already did that a few
times for database dumps).