[TYPO3-dev] Workspace trouble in TYPO3 4.5

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Sat Jun 25 09:40:38 CEST 2011

Hi,
Part of this is probably more of a bug report. However, I cannot really
tell what is happening, so a bug report would be rather useless at this
stage. Instead, I'd like to get some opinions here and then investigate
further.

First of all, I'm under the impression that the workspaces in 4.5 are
much more resource hungry than they were in 4.4. The AJAX calls
performed when listing changes, are putting my single core server under
heavy load. Just one such listing on a small tree will drive up the
server load to ~10 for a significant amount of time. This seems
unacceptable and I'm wondering if there is a bug somewhere.

Furthermore, I have a couple of pages which have only one content
element each. When I look at the histories in a draft workspace and the
live workspace, I can see that there are unpublished changes. However,
selecting these pages in the workspace module will only yield a
never-ending search while keeping the server under heavy load. I'd just
publish these changes blindly (which it isn't really anyway because of
the history) but there doesn't seem to be any way (other than
manipulating the database). What could be going wrong here? The records
look as follows

uid 	pid 	t3ver_oid 	t3ver_id 	t3ver_wsid 	t3ver_label 	t3ver_state 	t3ver_stage 	t3ver_count 	t3ver_tstamp 	t3_origuid
8191 	4433 	0 		1 		0 		First draft version 	0 	0 		0 		1307694521 	0
8225 	-1 	8191 		2 		2 		Auto-created for WS #2 	0 	0 		0 		0 		8191

Any suggestions why the workspace module might not like those?

Cheers,
Christian