[TYPO3-dev] gray hair with git ...

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Wed Jun 22 11:59:53 CEST 2011

Hello guys,

currently it seems that submodules are missing when i create a new
branch to submit a patch:

git checkout -b issue_27432 origin/master

Then i started to integrate the changes i've done before ...
After that i started my TYPO3 Backend and got:

> t3-trunk/typo3/sysext/extbase/Classes/Dispatcher.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

So i inspected the sysext directory and found, that the following
directories are simply empty (all in sysext):
 - dbal
 - extbase
 - fluid
 - version
 - workspaces

Is there any easy way to load these directories (that are git submodules
as far as i know) during the creation of a patch?

git checkout master

gives me the submodules - but i need to use them in the above issue ... grr

Regards
Kay

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org