[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 and svn

Adrien Crivelli adrien.crivelli at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 13:08:35 CEST 2011

Yeah, you're totally right. I have a background of software developper not
website integrator or designer, so it doesn't bother me at all, but this may
not be convenient for everybody. My focus is to get a system as stable and
reproducible as possible. I cannot stand developping on production server,
so reproducible environment really is a must-have to me.

As you mentioned, it unfortunately comes with some drawbacks for "power
users" who should not (but yet could) install/update extensions via
Extension Manager.