[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 and svn

Patrick Rodacker patrick.rodacker at the-reflection.de
Wed Jun 1 10:02:08 CEST 2011

Hi Jesper,

Am 01.06.11 09:39, schrieb Jesper Goos:

> I have often wondered what the best way is to maintain a SVN repository
> for a site developed with TYPO3. Do you have any hints/links for that
> subject?
>
> What is the best practice for this?

Don't think this is best practice, but I have positive experience with
the following approach:

- consider to put the directory typo3conf/ext/ into svn as top level
- create an base extension containing all your TypoScript code using
the <INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT: ... > feature (nested inclusion is supported)
and put every asset (html, image, css, js, etc.) needed for the page
setup (not the content) into the extension as well.
- add 3rd party extensions to svn as well
- put everything you need to be in svn into the typo3conf/ext/ folder
and use symlinks. If you want to have the typo3conf/extTables.php file
in svn put it into typo3conf/ext/extTables.php and create an according
symlink. You could even include a custom core, if you needed to patch it
and link to it from the webroot.

Just some thoughts ;-)
Patrick