[TYPO3-dev] Backend form: readOnly when not new?

Christian Weiske christian.weiske at netresearch.de
Fri Dec 9 10:54:42 CET 2011

Hi,

Is it possible to declare a field readOnly under certain circumstances
only, e.g. when the record is not new?

I want to prevent the value of a field to be changed after the record
has been created as this can introduce inconsistencies into the
database.

The field's TCA config allows "displayCond" which I can use to hide the
field, but that's not really what I need since the user shall still see
the field's value.

So is there a way to make a field readOnly when the record it
belongs does already exist?

--
Viele Grüße
Christian Weiske