[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 07:54:45 CEST 2010

Hi!

Jochen Rau wrote:
> The v5 team started with small pieces of the puzzle and continuously
> refactor the code towards a better design while adding (well tested) new
> functionality ([1,2] for the interested).

...which prevents its usage in real life projects because nobody can rely
on unstable code :(

> Is fact that some of the v4 core parts (namely tcemain and tceforms) are
> not rewritten again and again a sign of good software design? I don't
> think so. It is just real world without the possibility to change.

TCEforms are being rewritten actually ;) There are plans to refactor
TCEmain as well.

The fact that they are not touched shows one good thing: they work and
there are no major bugs in them. So we can rely on that code in real life
applications. That is a major advantage.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member