[TYPO3-dev] FLOW3 / TYPO3 5.0

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 18:31:13 CEST 2010

Hi!

Jochen Rau wrote:
> Nice rhetorical trick.

Not at all. Jochen, you did not know how it started. You did not know how
three great guys rejected help and experience of others. You don't know how
they lost months trying stuff that were told to be unusable. If you were
there, you could have seen that.

It was me, who offerd help and was rejected. It was me, who worked with the
technology they wanted to use for 2 years, saw its buggy slow code and told
R&K&S that it is a no–go. It was me who heard "It'l be ok" said with a
knowledgeable smile only to find after half a year that they dropped it
exactly because of the reasons I told them all. They could have saved all
this time. But they had to hit the wall themselves, they did not want to
use anybody's experience...

So no tricks. It is a many years of experience. I am in this business and
this team for too long. Don't think I am a kid. I completed more practical
projects than many here.

> Apple has some great products. But did you ask Steve one year ago if the
> iPad (or iSlate) will have been shipped within 2 months? ;-)

This happened *after* Steve learned the Lisa lesson. He had to fail
severely, almost kill Apple, be fired to return back with a fresh strategy
and new ideas that make him king. But nobody likes to learn from that...

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member