[TYPO3-dev] blog_example gives error "A cache with identifier "cache_extbase_reflection" does not exist"

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 11:23:56 CEST 2010

Hi!

Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> Speed performance tests on any piece of alpha software are pretty
> useless IMO.

No. If you make it slow from the beginning, you can't improve it later,
believe me. You need to rewrite it completely with performance in mind to
make it fast. We already went through this with v4.

There is an important principle. Unless you develop a prototype, you MUST
develop your code so as it is the final version that you deliver to your
client. It is simply not possible to improve the code later if it is not
written with performance in mind. What's done, stays as it is because too
much effort is needed to improve it.

I remember that a year ago at T3DD09 F3 team said that they improved
performance of the framework dramatically. So what you see now is already a
dramatically improved performance. You can guess what it was before.

I believe such things happen when devs are more interested in beauty of
technology than in practical usage of their code.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member