[TYPO3-dev] Translation, L10N and LLXML

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Sat Apr 17 10:35:15 CEST 2010

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Gaumond wrote:
> So we're stuck to the number of labels translated on initial
> installation forever even if new translations are added thru the
> Translation server. Right ?

I normally delete the language folder, ie. 'dk' in the typo3conf/l10n/
along with all *l10n* files in typo3temp in order to make sure
everything is updated.

Until now it has worked for me, but I might not have reproduced your
situation.

The EM and translations is definitely somewhat strange. Partly the
reason for deleting *all* files prior to updating languages, is that for
some reason, I have not been able to figure out yet, the files and
folders are given wrong rights, even though I have it correctly
configured in the localconf.php file
($TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['folderCreateMask'] and
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['fileCreateMask']) and it works for all other
file generations in the installation.

Once I did some review the code involved but I could not determine the
entire reason, so I postponed it.

--
Lars Houmark