[TYPO3-dev] Translation, L10N and LLXML

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick at hotmail-no-spam.com
Fri Apr 16 20:59:30 CEST 2010

Before writing a bug report, I wanted to check with people interested in
translation see if it was actually one.

In EM, when using "Check status against repository" if the content of a
label is empty locally, it will never be filled even after clearing (for
exemple tt_news):

/typo3conf/l10n/tt_news-l10n-fr.zip
and
/typo3temp/llxml/*.*

Here's another way to tell the same story:

Day 1
1. Install tt_news 4.0
2. Install french translation from TER via EM
    80 labels exist in english, 75 are translated in french on "day 1"
Day 5
3. Someone translate the remaining 5 labels.
Day 10
4. I clear /typo3temp/llxml/*.*
5. I go to EM, update translation
6. Result: I still have only 75 labels in french translated.

So we're stuck to the number of labels translated on initial
installation forever even if new translations are added thru the
Translation server. Right ?

Patrick