[TYPO3-dev] MENUDATA caching problems

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Apr 14 12:24:42 CEST 2010

Hi Patrick,

i did some research but a while ago, so i don't know if my remembering
is all correct.

I agree the cache mechanism of current menu is senseless as the complete
menu states are cached. And each page has different one (regarding to
the active items)

Imho caching the menu structure with links etc is a good idea because
it's expensive to calculate new, but the states like active has to be
excluded. This would lead to the situation that one cache entry is valid
for the complete site and some subentries are needed. The markup could
be done dynamic as this is not the expensive part, expensive are the sql
queries, the access settings etc.

So we have need a better layer system for the menu generation.

vg Steffen