[TYPO3-dev] auth service extension - user seemes to be logged in but no fe_user user data in object

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 09:22:52 CEST 2010

Hi Sonja!

Sonja Scholz wrote:
> In my authUser() function i return 200 on success and 100 on fail, like
> the other auth service extensions do.
>
> In my getUser() function i return the $user array (received from
> fetchUserRecord() function of sv_base class) on success and false on
> fail, like the other auth service extensions do also.
>
> Does anyone know what I need to do in my auth extension to create the
> fe_user object properly?

Description looks correct. One thing though: why do you use sv_base as the base class? tx_sv_authbase is the right one for these tasks.

Code 100 from authUser() means "continue". It is like if service does not know the user. However if authentication failed (like the password was definitely wrong), you should return 0. This would mean a total authentication failure.

It is hard to say anything else without seeing the code.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member