[TYPO3-dev] IE8 compatibility mode

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Nov 23 22:47:16 CET 2009

Hi guys,

as the release of 4.3 is coming soon, I'd like to raise the discussion
about IE's compatiblity mode again.

The problems with "random" logouts (on fallback to IE7 mode) have been
discussed a lot and Steffen (and maybe others also) put lot of efforts
into cleaning HTML output.

As I'm quite sure that IE8 will always find any reasons to fall back to
its compatibility mode, I'd like to hear your opinion to add the
X-UA-Compatible meta tag to the TYPO3 backend (and maybe suggest users to
also set it in FE).

Otherwise users will often claim TYPO3 for logging them out, but in truth
it's IE's poor implementation, as both modes don't share their cookie
information (and so the session and so the login ;)).

So: Anybody against adding this?

Steffen