[TYPO3-dev] Bugfix 12428 is buggy for me: 'No TypoScript template found!'

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Mon Nov 23 20:22:37 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:

> it was mediumblob before too (older revisions)
> blob and mediumblob don't vary much, they have variable length, but
> mediumblob saves 2 bytes :)

Hello Steffen,

I have to correct you. the BLOB/TEXT types and the MEDIUMBLOB/MEDIUMTEXT
types vary quite a lot when it comes about storage space. From mysql
documentation:

BLOB, TEXT:
L + 2 bytes, where L < 2^16

MEDIUMBLOB, MEDIUMTEXT
L + 3 bytes, where L < 2^24

So a BLOB/TEXT can store a maximal of 2^16 = 65536 bytes (64kByte)
whilst a MEDIUMBLOB/MEDIUMTEXT can store up to 2^24 = 16MByte of
information.

Another thing is, that TEXT fields (TINY, normal, MEDIUM and LONG) can
get compared using LIKE functions, or other mysql stuff, whilst the BLOB
types can only get stored and retrieved. Also if you view those BLOB
fields using phpmyadmin you'll only get some 0xabcdef hexadecimal strings.

greets,
Bernhard