[TYPO3-dev] Bugfix 12428 is buggy for me: 'No TypoScript template found!'

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Wed Nov 18 22:44:23 CET 2009

Stefan Geith wrote:

> _One_ of these plugins realy had an Umlaut-character
> and was not saved as utf8.
>
> Changing this file to utf8 resolves the problem.

Altough your umlauts would get displayed wrong on the page, it should be
no problem saving them to the database. At least the "No template found"
error should not happen.

I posted a patch to the bugtracker which narrows down the problem by
checking if the cache entry has been written correctly. But this is
rather just a workaround than a solution.

Could you tell me your Install-Tool settings for the variable:

[SYS][setDBinit]

And if this variable is set to "SET NAMES=utf-8" try to remove this
setting. Could you also use phpmyadmin and go to the database variable
section:
Click on the home icon in the table listing of the left frame, then
choose "Variables" and post all (charset related) variables from there?
Use a nopaste page, as the posting would get too long then and send the
link along.

greets,
Bernhard