[TYPO3-dev] MS-SQL via DBAL Possible?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Nov 9 13:19:53 CET 2009

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Ritter wrote:
> Hey to all,
> thanks for your answers.
>
> I'll give it a try and report / fix occuring problems if the customer
> accepts the proposel (for integrating the ASP standalone solution into
> TYPO3) ...

I have a project using some tables from MSSQL and I could use them
easily with extension from Ries (rvt_adodb).

The main problem was (when I started) that DBAL could only parse very
simple SQL queries. As DBAL evolves, I'm migrating queries to
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB'] calls. There's still a huge work to make in the SQL
parser but the rest of DBAL works quite well. This was another thread
and we'll have to think of the problem once 4.3 is out.

--
Xavier Perseguers
MVC ExtJS Leader

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-mvc_extjs