[TYPO3-dev] SCOTTY - Global *S*emantic *C*ategory, *O*ntology, *T*ag and *T*axonomy S*y*stem

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri Nov 6 10:16:36 CET 2009

> I read in the wishlist that it should not modify the db-structure of
> tagged/categorized records. That's also a must have in my eyes. Mads
> Brunn tried to achieve this in his "categories" extension by creating
> a fake TCEForm field named '*'. That was the only way to do at that
> time, as it was not possible to remove this field again before TYPO3
> did some DB-Stuff with it and throwed errors of non existing
> DB-fields if you used a 'real' fieldname AFAIK. So in order to do
> this more nicely then using a fake field named '*' and of course
> allow this feature multiple to be used times, the core needs to be
> changed, or let's say a new hook needs to be implemented IIRC.

Not necessarily, as you can see in the tagpack.
It is using existing hooks and a "real" form field name.

> His extension (although not officially finished I think) might be
> worth a look though.

Definitely - since we will be both at T3UXW09 I guess we can come up with
some ideas for a unification of features.

> Maybe SCOTTY should be service driven?
>
> I think it should at least be modular, so that it can be easily
> extended with other dynamic "tagging" features (maybe integrate a
> "official" commenting or rating system into the framework etc that
> could be accessed via the same api).

Of course it will be modular, since it will need different modules and
plugins anyway.
I will write some ideas I had about the overall concept to the wiki this
weekend.

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian