[TYPO3-dev] SCOTTY - Global *S*emantic *C*ategory, *O*ntology, *T*ag and *T*axonomy S*y*stem

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Nov 5 22:52:15 CET 2009

It seems that it's time for a global solution for tags, categories,
taxonomies and ontologies in TYPO3.

I recently had some talks with some possible investors who told me the same
and who might support such a global system.
But first we have to show them, that we really do mean it seriously this
time.
This is why I registered an extension key and set up a project on forge,
that is visible since today

So may I introduce you to SCOTTY:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-scotty

Don't expect too much content there, but maybe you can already join the
team, write some wishes to the wiki or do other stuff, that shows there is a
real demand for this feature and there are people who are willing to *work
in this team do get the job done just in time*. I will offer parts of the
tagpack as a base we can start with, and maybe there are other extensions as
well, we should consider as candidates for integration or adoption of
interesting features.

The plan is to have something ready for 4.5 and to make it a fully
integrated sysext later on. But since it will be a major feature that might
influence lots of different areas of FE and BE, don't expect it to be part
of the core immediately.

We are currently in the fund raising phase. I can not tell you more before
the deal is fixed, but I can assure you that this will be done anyway, with
or without that deal. So if this looks like a job for you, try to join the
team. Drop me a few lines about why you think that you should be part of the
project and what you could do for it.

And to quote Nike again: Just do it!

Cheers

Joey