[Typo3-dev] RFC: Extension manager - Update extensions

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Mar 14 18:57:54 CET 2005

Hi folks,

the extension manager shows a little icon for updating an extension if there
is a new version.

However it only does so if the major or minor number has changed. It won't
tell users to upgrade if only the patchlevel has changed.

I see no sense in this. Shouldn't this be possible always? What do you
think?

(I already posed this question to Kasper, see his reply below)

- michael

--- cut Kasper replied ---
I actually made it so because at some point I had the feeling that it
made better sense. Just like the "New extensions" show only those with
updated dev-levels (x.X.x) and not patch level - which of course was to
prevent the new list to be flooded with small updates.

Well, eventually it is not my opinion but the voice of the people which
counts; So what if you make a poll on the dev-list and tell them you are
authorized by me to change it if there is a majority for it.
--- cut Kasper replied ---
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html