[Typo3-dev] Login Question

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Mon Mar 14 14:36:16 CET 2005

Hi,

Marlies C schrieb:
> We have the following 2 questions and could not find any answers. Could
> somebody enlighten us?
>
> 1. When you create a new login form in TYPO3 what happens in the submission
> of the form that lets the typo3 core know that login is happening? There
> seems to be no clear indicator of what the core is looking for when the
> login is submitted. I've looked through the tslib php files, with no luck.
> Can you help identify this.

check classes:
class:tslib_feUserAuth which extends class:t3lib_userAuth
also have a look at the form-fields that is ouput by EXT:newloginbox.

> 2. When trying to pass variables to the login validator in the typo3 core,
> and are attempting to by pass the login box. What is the API call and what
> parameters are needed? We are trying to add an extra step to the login
> process before the login actually occurs.

It's pretty easy using EXT:auth_services for that kind of task:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/cc_sv_auth/

That would be the "nice"-way.

You could of course extend auth-classes yourself or even manipulate
$GLOBALS["TSFE"]-Vars(not suggested at all!).

Hth,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag