[Typo3-dev] utc_date/utc_time field please for 4.0

Thu Dec 8 16:13:48 CET 2005

Wondering:

In what time do you think are all those unix timestamps in the tables?

1.) UTC is already the standard. So nothing to do here.

I think you better reconfigure your OS if you don't have them in UTC.

2.) Time output is already done in the timezone selected as locale in
TS. So nothing to do here.

3.) Only if you want a time of a foreign timezone, a time that is
deviating from the locale setting that is usually combined with a
language setting L, then a timozone entry would make sense.

Better remind: You are not forced  to bind locales to the parameter L.
You could steer them indipendently. If you want to offer russian
language with timezone of Berlin or Moskwa alternativly, you should
consider to steer locales and language independently. Use a LA and a LO
parameter for example.

Regards

Elmar

Alexander Langer schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Can we please have a utc_time/utc_date type-field in Typo3 4.0's $TCA?
> Or - even better - add a "timezone" flag to the "conf"-part of the
> date/time fields, so extensions can be backwards compatible with older
> installations.
>
> We really need it for timezone independence in various extensions
> (imagine users from two different timezones enter events in a
> calendar-type extension).
>
> I'm not able to write it (as modifying this part of Typo3 is beyond my
> scope and I don't have the possibilites to dig into it right now), but
> it's a big requirement for Typo3, in general.  Count this as a strong
> suggestion :-)
>
> Thanks
>
> Alex

- --
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...
Production of CO2 is killing people.
Production of CO2 just for fun is killing people just for fun.