[TYPO3-announce] All TYPO3xdev Extensions are now on forge!

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Mon Jul 28 17:29:12 CEST 2008

== All TYPO3xdev Extensions are now on forge! ==
(By Sebastian Kurfürst)

In our ongoing effort to centralize development resources, we have made
another big step forward: typo3xdev, the collaborative extension
development platform, has moved to forge.typo3.org!

As announced to all typo3xdev users, the SVN migration to forge happened
this weekend. This means for every extension on typo3xdev a forge
project was created, and everybody who filled out the username
transition table has appropriate permissions on their projects again.
(If you missed that, create a ticket on [1] and you will get your access
rights again!)

You can now use your TYPO3.org username/password for SVN access and use
all the capabilities on forge including a project based issue tracker
and wiki. For a quick overview, watch the video at [2].

So, starting from now, please use https://svn.typo3.org for all
extensions previously found on TYPO3xdev. If you used TYPO3xdev before,
please add a meaningful title and description to your project until 10th
August.

As every extension has been imported automatically, some further cleanup
needs to be done. This involves extensions which need to be grouped
together (DAM, timtab, ...), extensions which are inactive and need to
be removed, and some more things. We need your help for that! Please
contact us at [1] and tell us which extensions belong to the same
project - we will restructure the repository appropriately.

For the merge, the write access to the Extensions repository on
svn.typo3.org had to be disabled for some hours, but everything is
working now again. We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thanks again to Andreas Wolf, who again did a fabulous job shuffling the
SVN directories, renaming users, and merging the repositories!

For further suggestions, contact me via e-mail (sebastian (at) typo3
(DOT) org) or create an issue at [1].

forge.typo3.org is your platform - so have fun with it!

Greets,
Sebastian Kurfürst

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-forge/issues/new
[2]
http://forge.typo3.org/player/flashvideoplayer.html?video=http://castor.t3o.punkt.de/files/podcast_robert_005_forge.m4v&preview=http://castor.t3o.punkt.de/files/podcast_robert_005_forge.jpg&autoscale=false&videowidth=640&videoheight=380

--
Gimme five!