[Typo3-announce] TYPO3 Association announced

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2004 at typo3.com
Mon Dec 13 13:44:10 CET 2004

Hi Listeners on the TYPO3 Announce mailing list.

After 4½ years of loose fun and a blazingly impressive growth in the
community we proudly presents the TYPO3 Association. The fun will remain
but this small initial step will probably be a giant leap in our efforts
to establish TYPO3 for a long-term future.

A short list of reasons for the TYPO3 Association includes:

      * collecting funds to dedicate more time of core developers to
        core programming
      * giving the community a way to show it's sustaining support
      * more transparency regarding organisation and decision making
      * legal provision for collecting funds
      * official representing body
You can read more about the details on this page:
http://typo3.org/community/typo3-association/

During the next 2 months people will be invited to join the various
committees of the association and as soon as we have a bank account in
place (hopefully in January) we will accept Membership Applications.

Please visit our FAQ page for the Association and let us know about any
questions that remains so we can quickly add them.

(This message is also found on the TYPO3.org frontpage:
http://typo3.org/)

--
- kasper

Man søger fred i rigdom, glans og ære