[Neos] Noob info

Dmitri Pisarev dimaip at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 16:34:11 CEST 2015

Hey yeah, there are some indusrty-standard things behind Neos (composer,
git, etc.), without understanding which it may be quite hard to use Neos to
its full potential. And for the Neos stuff itself like html or CSS, Neos
won't take care of it instead of you. But don't despair, even though it
seems hard, if you want to learn to code, you'll manage it.

So to wrap up your issue: you've created a blank site and trying to use the
grid, but it doesn't work, as you have no CSS from Twitter Bootstrap, on
which the current grid implementation depends.
Demo site package works, because it imports the CSS file from Bootstrap:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="{f:uri.resource(path:
'3/css/bootstrap.min.css', package: 'TYPO3.Twitter.Bootstrap')}"
media="all" /> (see Default.html file).
So you need to do something like this :)

Dmitri.

@team: should we try to have handle such usecases, so people without a lot
of coding experience could create websites with some pre-defined
templates/themes? Or is it a domain of tools like https://typostrap.io/?