[Neos] [RFC] Extending content collections and overlay

Dmitri Pisarev dimaip at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 12:44:56 CET 2015

Hey guys!
As you know, I'm working on extending content collections. One major
component needed is this and it's waiting for your reviews:
https://review.typo3.org/#/c/36926/

But here's the conceptual problem. Let's take the case of tabs. Each tab
has a tab title and content. Title should be an inline editable property,
and contents is just all child nodes of tab (tab is an extended content
collection).
Tab nav anchors and tab content are rendered in two separate TS:Collection
loops and each have their own contenteditable wraps.

Now the problem: wrap of tab content should be usual contentcollection
wrap, which shows an empty-contentcollection-overlay when empty, BUT tab
titles don't need that, they need just a simple contenteditable wrap to
allow inline editing of that property, but empty-contentcollection-overlay
is not needed there.

One solution I see is to provide parameter to ContentElementWrappingService
to not wrap CC with $attributes['rel'] = 'typo3:content-collection';

Better ideas?