[Neos] Howto: Setup a working Neos environment

Aske Ertmann aske at moc.net
Sun Jun 21 23:30:59 CEST 2015

Hi Christian,

You've stumbled upon a severe issue caused by an external package Neos
depends on when installing with development dependencies.
It has not been brought to the attention of the team until now, but I tried
to do a fresh install and could unfortunately confirm the problem.
Also it's only a problem with the 1.2 branch and apparently been an issue
since 7 days ago.
The maintainer of the package causing the problem has released a new
version (fixing existing installations) and additionally I'll release a new
version of 1.2 (1.2.9) which removes the dependency on the package
completely shortly.
If you had installed with the "--no-dev" parameter as suggested on
https://neos.typo3.org/develop/download.html, it wouldn't have happened
which I guess is the reason it hasn't been reported yet.

To fix your existing installation you can run this command:
composer update

Additionally you should remove that excludeClasses configuration.

Lastly you can remove the package that caused the issue with:
composer remove --no-update "typo3-ci/typo3flow"
composer update

Alternatively you can do a new install, I'd suggest this time with the
"--no-dev" paramater, however it's not necessary since the problem has been
fixed.
composer create-project typo3/neos-base-distribution --no-dev neos

I'm sorry that you had to experience this during your first time trying out
Neos and glad that you took the time to bring it to our attention :)

Cheers,
Aske