[Neos] Creating a New FlowQuery Operation

nikos nick at jamalade.com
Sat Jan 31 12:50:47 CET 2015

Hi

In my Typoscript given a node I would like to be able to traverse down through the child nodes to find the first occurrence of a particle node type
say a TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:Headline.

I would like to be able to write something like this in my ts:

    theHeadline = $(q(node).FindFirst('[instanceOf TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:Headline ]').property.('title')}

If I had a structure like these

Page
     main
         section
              Headline
Page
     main
         Headline

Page
     main
         section
             image
         section2
             Headline

The query would return the Headline.

I can't see a way of doing this at the moment so I figure that I need to implement a FlowQuery operation to do this. I am wondering if there is any
help/guidance available for implementing such an operation.

I would appreciate any guidance with this.

Warm wishes

Nikos