[Neos] Front-end user groups

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Mon Jan 26 18:03:23 CET 2015

On 26.01.15, at 16:37, Olle Haerstedt wrote:

Hi Olle ;)

> Is there any progress of front-end user groups in Neos? If not, how
> would one implement it? Do the database support those things now?

You already found the FE-Login package I started a while ago[1].
It's just a very basic prototype that lacks important features, mostly
due to various Neos & Flow caches ignoring the currently authenticated
roles.

We plan to extend Flow & Neos in that regard so that you can protect
arbitrary sub-trees via Policy.yaml[2] but it still requires some work
and we're currently lacking resources so I can't promise that it will
make it into the upcoming release..

Best,

[1] https://github.com/bwaidelich/Wwwision.Neos.FrontendLogin
[2] https://jira.typo3.org/browse/NEOS-433