[Neos] Link state doesn't work on shortcuts in menus

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Wed Jan 7 14:27:37 CET 2015

On 05.01.15, at 14:55, Jürgen Kleiß wrote:

Hi Jürgen,

>> Maybe https://review.typo3.org/#/c/30848/ <https://review.typo3.org/#/c/30848/> can explain something about it.
>> Also https://forge.typo3.org/issues/55873 <https://forge.typo3.org/issues/55873> might explain some stuff.

> [...] I looked through the code and understood how
> it works. But i dont understand why this is implemented this way.
> Whats the benefit for not showing active and current states on a
> shortcut menu?

"active" and "current" states *are* evaluated for shortcut nodes. Well,
"current" only in theory because a shortcut can never be the current
node - they point to a target node (or URI) which will be current when
you click on the shortcut.
When that target node is a child of the shortcut node, the shortcut node
will get the "active" state (see
http://neos.demo.typo3.org/en/metamenu/contribute.html for example).

(Personally I prefer *not* to create shortcut nodes pointing to child
nodes in footer menus, because that leads to weird hierarchies and URLs.
Instead, if you don't want the node to appear in other menus, just tick
the "hiddenInIndex" checkbox).

--
Bastian Waidelich