[Neos] [ANN] Upcoming releases - timeframe

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Tue Feb 24 15:02:02 CET 2015

On 17.02.15, at 14:41, Bjoern Jacob wrote:

Hi Bjoern,

> What do you personally think about starting new projects
> right now. We've got two smaller projects which should start in the next
> few days. Which version of Neos should we use?

That's a tough question.. We strive for a final release until the end of
March. If you don't launch before that it's probably fine to start
developing with the first beta (to be released this week).
But if you currently don't really need the new features (to be
communicated asap) you're probably safer to go with the latest stable
1.2 release at first and then try upgrading once the 2.0 is stable.

> Is the update form Neos 1.x to 2.x possible without having any pain?

It probably won't be possible completely without manual adjustments, but
we'll provide an easy-to-follow upgrade guide!

HTH
--
Bastian Waidelich