[Neos] Windows 8.1 installation

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Feb 19 12:42:02 CET 2015

Hi,

On 19/02/2015 01:04, Jan Bednarik wrote:
> I'm trying to install Neos on my local running Windows 8.1 OEM version
> from Lenovo. The problem is that I don't have that Local Policy editor
> (or what the heck that is) to enable creation of symlinks during
> installtion.
>
> Any ideas how to overcome that?

If you run the process as administrator PHP should have the proper
rights to create symlinks. Rightclick the "start" button and select
"Command Prompt (Admin)" (or use the context menu on a desktop shortcut
and select "Run as administrator") to do this.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!