[Neos] MultiColumn Cache Issue

nikos nick at jamalade.com
Tue Feb 17 13:08:48 CET 2015

I have hit a Neos backend  cache/rendering problem which seems to occur with TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:MultiColumn using any of:
   TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:TwoColumn
   TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:ThreeColumn
   TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:FourColumn

The problem seems only occur when one of the above has two or more content elements which are separately cached. I can reproduce it by nesting the
above or with separately cached nodetypes eg
TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:TwoColumn -> column0 -> TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:TwoColumn , TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:TwoColumn
TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:TwoColumn -> column1 -> empty

or
TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:TwoColumn -> column0 -> MyCachedNodeType, MyCachedNodetype
TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:TwoColumn -> column1 -> empty

The problem occurs if anything is edited from the outer TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:TwoColumn down. It appears that the wrong node is used to wrap the outer
TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:TwoColumn, for the backend, more specifically the nodedata for TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:TwoColumn -> column0 is used. The result is
that the Ember overlay is displayed which makes it impossible to do any further edits.
An example showing correct and incorrect html output can be seen here [uri]http://pastebin.com/Brxb49bQ[/uri].

I have tried debugging the code to try and pinpoint the problem, but because of the deep nesting it is quite difficult to keep track of whats going
on. The problem manifests between TYPO3\Neos\Service\ContentElementWrappingService.php TYPO3\Neos\TypoScript\ContentElementWrappingImplementation.php
But I can't figure why it's the wrong 'node'.

I would really appreciate
1) if someone could confirm that the problem is reproducible (to rule out my setup, Neos 1.2.1 & 1.2.2) although I have tried on two different
platforms centos & macos)
2) if someone could help me better understand the rendering process so that I can identify and fix the problem assuming 1) above.

Many thanks

Nikos