[Neos] RFC: Suggestion for March Sprint Topic

Christopher Hlubek hlubek at networkteam.com
Fri Feb 13 10:00:14 CET 2015

Hi Sebastian,

I fully agree. We experienced that Neos is not up to it's promise because of various instabilities, lots of performance issues (when editing) and robustness of the content repository. While the general concepts turn out to work nice most of the time - and I can see we can deliver more for less in a project - it's not of much use if editors can't use it reliably.

So I don't want to sound negative here and I'm really all in for making Neos a great product, but there's a ton of work ahead and we built up a vast pile of technical debt during the process that we need to find some ideas how to proceed here. I'm feeling sometimes a little overwhelmed by the amount of complexity we are dealing with when we're developing just a simple website that people can edit easily (of course you could do so much more with Neos and Flow, but sometimes it's just that).

So yes, editing and backend stability (with various browsers), content repository robustness, red carpet and installation are important. But I don't see getting there without reducing some of our complexities and tackling the technical debt we produced.

Greetings,

Christopher