[Neos] RFC: Suggestion for March Sprint Topic

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Thu Feb 12 13:50:28 CET 2015

Hey my fellow friends and developers,

[I've been a little absent doing core work recently; but I actually used
Neos in some projects now in real life which was also very enlightening.]

recently, I've been talking to a few different companies and tried to
help them using Neos. Furthermore, we internally expanded our use of
Neos quite a bit.

While doing so, the end-users I have coached have stumbled over various
bugs in the Neos editing which are quite annoying... I tried to fix the
ones I was able to reproduce; I also know that we greatly improved the
product in terms of bugfixes and usability annoyances from 1.0 up to now.

So I believe we're maybe 90% on the way to a really stable and
well-working content editing platform; but during daily work, the last
10% are annoying enough for people to get frustrated.

Examples:

- Link Insertion is sometimes broken
- Switching the Headline Style does not work reliably
- From time to time, the "Content-has-Changed" Modal dialog pops up,
although nothing has changed.

Furthermore, I've heard from various people that installing Neos is
still quite difficult.

So, I'd propose that for the *March Sprint* in front of the Inspiring
Con, we'll use "Editing Bugfixes and Red Carpet" as the main topics; not
working on major big features but instead on these kinds of annoyances :-)

And, ideally, we'd have a prioritized list in Jira before the sprint so
we know what to work on. I can take care of that in about 2 weeks (after
my holidays), if wanted.

What do you think about that?

BTW: I am looking soo much forward to meeting all of you again in
Rosenheim -- for me personally, it was a long time since we have last met!

See you soon,
Sebastian