[Neos] Issue with ember overlay

nikos nick at jamalade.com
Mon Feb 9 11:33:24 CET 2015

Hi Aske

Thanks for the help got me investigating a bit more.
The problem I am experiencing only occurs when I have a custom content element which is cached separately and then only seems to occur when this is
added to a TwoColumn Content element.

When looking at the rendered cached output there is a difference between generated cache entries after an edit (overlay problem occurs) compared to
when the cache is flushed then rebuilt (no overlay problem).

It seems that in the cache after an edit the nodes are referred (rendered) to one level deeper than would be expected(difficult to describe :( )

here are a couple of examples

this is after the cache is flushed and rebuilt
<section typeof="typo3:Reroot.RerootSiteCom:Section" about="/sites/rerootsitecom/helpful-things/main/node-54d7d4946eea7 at user-nickp" ...

about="/sites/rerootsitecom/helpful-things/main/node-54d7d4946eea7/column0/node-54d876d4e5344 at user-nickp" ...

this is what is generated after an edit and the screen overlay problem:
<section typeof="typo3:Reroot.RerootSiteCom:SectionTeaser"
about="/sites/rerootsitecom/helpful-things/main/node-54d7d4946eea7/column0/node-54d7dbc5e6649 at user-nickp"

about="/sites/rerootsitecom/helpful-things/main/node-54d7d4946eea7/column0/node-54d876d4e5344/column0 at user-nickp"

Although both the <section> and <div> are rendered differently depending on whether the cache is flushed or after an edit th eoverlay problme only
seems to occur if using a TwoColumn node type.

Looks to me as if there is a problem somewhere in the rendering of the cache with TYPO3.Neos.NodeTypes:TwoColumn although I don't know what it is
exactly. I am not sure what else to do with this, any ideas welcome .

Thanks

Nikos