[Neos] Exception #1391806394: Image resource file could not be found

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2015.trash.schams.net
Sat Apr 4 16:13:09 CEST 2015

Hi there!

I am trying to install/setup Neos 1.2.3 on a server (basic
installation), then delete all temp files and clone this server. When a
cloned server gets started, some basic actions are triggered, e.g. set a
new password for a specific user in Neos, etc.

Now I face the following issue when a new server booted up: the frontend
works without problems. Accessing "example.com/neos/login" shows the
login form, but as soon as I login, I get the following exception:

#1391806394: An error with code "1418243434" occurred when trying to
read the image: "Image resource file could not be found."
[...]
TYPO3\Media\Exception\ImageFileException thrown in file
/var/www/Neos/Data/Temporary/Development/Cache/Code/Flow_Object_Classes/TYPO3_Media_Domain_Model_ImageVariant.php in line 113.

So, my main questions are, what image files are required when logging
into the backend and where are they located (which files have I deleted
accidentally)? What would be the recommended approach to pinpoint the
problem (log files under /var/www/Neos/Data/Logs/ did not reveal any
hints in this regard)?

Also, if someone could let me know, which of the following directories
*must not* be deleted at all... never ever... that would be great:

/var/www/Neos/Data/Logs
/var/www/Neos/Data/Persistent
/var/www/Neos/Data/Temporary
/var/www/Neos/Web/_Resources/*

By the way: my concept worked perfectly fine in 1.1.2 and 1.2.0, but in
1.2.3 (and maybe a version before this), it breaks at the BE login.

Cheers
Michael