[Neos] [ANN] Upcoming releases - Update

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Wed Apr 1 18:41:27 CEST 2015

Hey there,

we were aiming for a release of Neos 2.0 until end of March but no
release yet as you might have noticed. So here's a little update on the
status and timeline:

Last week the Neos team met for a week-long code sprint in Rosenheim,
Germany. 20 diligent developers joined the efforts and the Sprint was
rather productive!
We also had some first-timers providing very valuable contributions,
thanks again for your participation!

We thought we could finalize a beta release during the sprint and we
have gotten quite far. But at the end of the week there were still some
open blockers mainly regarding
* backend localization
* documentation
* smooth upgrade process
* performance
and some bugs that still need fixing.

You can always get an overview of the pending/resolved tickets on the
"Neos & Flow Scrum Board"[1]. And, as always, you can speed things up by
reviewing and/or testing changes.

After the code sprint most of us went to a truly "Inspiring
Conference"[2] spreading and collecting more ideas that now need a
little digesting. But our goal is to release a first beta of Neos 2.0
and a second beta of Flow 3.0 very soon (For Flow the 2nd beta will be a
Release Candidate at the same time that will ideally become the final
release).

Unfortunately the actual dates depend on a couple of unknowns still. But
be assured that we work hard to get a stable release out as soon as
possible and don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or
comments.

[1]
https://jira.typo3.org/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=19&view=detail&sprint=14&quickFilter=105
[2]