[Neos] [TEAM] Neos 1.3 Epic Owners

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Thu Oct 30 21:01:37 CET 2014

Hi folks,

during the sprint in Rødby I proposed that we assign exactly one person of the team to each Epic who has an overview and can coordinates related features, task, knows the current state of those and keeps the related issues on the Jira board in order.

The epics we have on the 1.3 so far are:

	- Content Translation (I suggest that I keep on coordinating that one)
	- UI Translation (Henjo?)
	- Permissions / ACLs (Andi, I guess)

(see https://jira.typo3.org/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=8&quickFilter=59 <https://jira.typo3.org/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=8&quickFilter=59>)

Once Daniel and I are done with preparing the stories for 1.3 there obviously will be more epics, too (which will need an owner).

So what I'd like to ask the epic owners to do is:

	- please frequently check the status of the issues. "In progress" really means "the assigned person is or has been working on this not longer than a couple of hours ago"
	- be a point of contact for all questions related to that epic: is someone working on X already? How's it going further with Y?

I hope that this will avoid duplicate work and make it easier to distribute workload for a specific epic (since it's better coordinated). And I as a release manage have a much easier time to check the current progress of our release (because I simply have to ask all epic owners :-)).

As always, the whole team is in charge keeping things in nice order, so please make it a habit to set the story status in a timely manner (move from "in progress" to "paused" if you take a break of more than a couple of hours) and use the comments of an issue to communicate how far you got or what's missing when you stop working on it.

@Henjo & Andi: fine with being owners for your epics?

Everybody fine with that approach?

Cheers,
Robert