[Neos] Role of Typo3 CMS/NEOS going forward

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Nov 20 15:36:31 CET 2014

Hi Daniel,

> They've also had a demo of Typo3 NEOS, but we definitely need Workspaces
> with a review model prior to publication, and we also want to use the
> Tesseract extensions.

I think Rasmus summed things up real well. If you look at the current
activity on TYPO3 CMS, it's obvious that it's far from dead. On the
contrary, I think it has been quite stimulated by what happened with
Neos, and I think it's going to have an active community for a long time.

And if you want to use the Tesseract suite, then better stick with CMS,
as we currently have no plans on porting it to Neos. I'm not even sure
that it would make sense, as it is quite opposite to the Domain Model
paradigm on which Flow/Neos is based.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter