[Neos] Local Git versioning of a NEOS project

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Fri May 23 07:54:37 CEST 2014

Hi Sebastian,

a little late reply; but I'd like to give another perspective as well:

For our projects, we usually manage *foreign* packages through composer,
but add *all packages which only belong to this single project* directly
to the base distribution's Git Repository. (Until we need the package
somewhere else, in case where we extract it to a separate repo and
manage it through composer).

How does that work? Create a ".gitignore" which ignores
Packages/Framework and Packages/Library. Furthermore, ignore only the
parts of Packages/Application/ which are managed through composer.

For us, that works really nicely, keeping the overhead with multiple git
repositories very manageable.

Greets, Sebastian