[Neos] Problem with Neos and URLs to custom Flow package

Pavlina Drosos pavlinadrosos at gmail.com
Mon May 19 17:23:59 CEST 2014

Hi guys!

I have two questions regarding URLs to actions from custom Flow package,
integrated in Neos as plugins.

I have a Flow package - My.Event (the events are Doctrine entities),
integrated as plugin in Neos.
The events listing is defined as plugin, which is inserted into a Neos
page, and the single event page is a plugin view, which is inserted into
another Neos page.

My first problem is the following:

I want to send an e-mail (simple newsletter) and automatically put the Neos
URL of a single event page inside it. The newsletter is sent via a cron
job, so I use CommandController. I have a problem, when I try to generate
this URL. It seems that I can't use the UriBuilder class inside a
CommandController, because I don't have an ActionRequest object to pass to
it.

But trying to generate this URL in some ActionController via the UriBuilder
also doesn't work - I receive an exception like this:
Uncaught exception #1301610453 in line 354 of
/Data/Temporary/Development/SubContextLocal/Cache/Code/Flow_Object_Classes/TYPO3_Flow_Mvc_Routing_UriBuilder.php:
Could not resolve a route and its corresponding URI for the given
parameters. This may be due to referring to a not existing package /
controller / action while building a link or URI. Refer to log and check
the backtrace for more details.

The full exception information can be seen here:
https://gist.github.com/pdrosos/665004a26d553e211586

Can someone explain me how can I generate the Neos URL of a single event
page in CommandController and in ActionController?

My second question is how to make short and beautiful URL addresses for
My.Event package inside Neos?

Now I have long and ugly addresses for all events, like
http://example.com/event.html?--my_event-eventlist[%40package]=my.event&--my_event-eventlist[%40controller]=event&--my_event-eventlist[%40action]=detail&--my_event-eventlist[event][__identity]=e34c062a-1be1-167c-054c-c0f3079c15c9
Can these types of Neos URL addresses for plugins be made nice and short?
Will it work for custom Flow packages?

AFAIK Neos does a lot of magic with the URLs of the custom Flow packages.
Do you have any idea how should these two issues be resolved?

Thank you in advance!