[Neos] NEWBIES TO TYPO3 NEOS

Chris Tete tetechris20 at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 07:01:21 CEST 2014

Hi,

Guys I succeeded getting through the complex installation procedure. Thanks for all your help

regards
Krys Nuvad

On Sunday, May 4, 2014 3:27 PM, Chris Tete <tetechris20 at yahoo.com> wrote:

hi
    I am using wampserver, how to i set up a virtual host on it?

krys

On Sunday, May 4, 2014 2:05 PM, Jigal van Hemert <jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org> wrote:

Hi,

On 4-5-2014 22:33, Chris Tete wrote:
> I am a windows user and would like to
> know if typo3 neo does not have a windows installer package. The manual
> installation is too complex for a beginner like
 me!

There is no .exe or .msi installer that gives you a webserver, php,
mysql, flow, neos, etc. in one package.

You need a running webserver (software). On Windows you can easily use
XAMPP for Windows [1].
On the Neos site [2] there is a blue button for downloading packages.
This also offers a zip archive.
You can now skip all the composer stuff and just remember from the
complex instructions that the document root of the webserver must point
to the Web directory in the unzipped archive. Things should start to
work (unless you encounter further problems :-) ).

[1] https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html
[2] http://neos.typo3.org/download.html

--
Jigal van Hemert