[Neos] Image Cropping isn't fully applied in own Node Type

Adrian Föder adrian at foeder.de
Thu Mar 13 15:55:35 CET 2014

Hi,

I have (several) own Node Types which super type from Image or
TextWithImage in order to have an image (for example the guys at [1] or
the planes at [2]) attached.
The cropping, however, does not work: I can crop it and I also see the
cropping applied in the Inspector (even when leaving and revisiting, so
it's definitely stored), but the cropped image doesn't find its way to
the actual node.
I use it, I think, the same way as in the default (TextWith)Image
content elements (not using a partial, but <media:image image="{image}" ...)

For "native" TextWithImage etc. elements, it works.

Debugging the {image} gives:

TYPO3\Media\Domain\Model\ImageVariant
-------------------------------------
originalImage => TYPO3\Media\Domain\Model\Image
   Persistence_Object_Identifier =>
'd8b4c635-eac7-d2f6-9bef-7d9d9b692e83' (36)
   width => integer 2510
   height => integer 1621
   type => integer 2
   imageVariants => array(empty)
   lastModified => DateTimeprototypeobject
   title => '' (0)
   caption => '' (0)
   resource =>
TYPO3\Flow\Persistence\Doctrine\Proxies\__CG__\TYPO3\Flow\Resource\Resourcepersistableproxy
   tags => array(empty)
  processingInstructions => array(2)
    integer 0 => array(2)
      'command' (7) => 'crop' (4)
      'options' (7) => array(2)
        'start' (5) => array(2)
          'x' (1) => integer 0
          'y' (1) => integer 0
        'size' (4) => array(2)
          'width' (5) => integer 2510
          'height' (6) => double 1570.8142414861
    integer 1 => array(2)
      'command' (7) => 'resize' (6)
      'options' (7) => array(1)
        'size' (4) => array(2)
          'width' (5) => '800' (3)
          'height' (6) => integer 500
  resource => NULL
  width => NULL
  height => NULL
  type => NULL
  alias => NULL
  initialized => FALSE

Looking at this, the 'crop' instruction looks incorrect, it must
definitely not be so huge...
Any ideas?

Thanks and best!

[1] http://www.edsh.de/verein/ueber-uns.html