[Neos] [Team] Raising PHP requirement for Neos 1.2 to PHP 5.4

Marcin Ryzycki marcin at ryzycki.com
Fri Jun 27 13:06:32 CEST 2014

+540!

5.3 is archaic (released 30 Jun 2009)
5.6 is coming (5.6 RC1 has just been released)
It makes sense to support previous version, maybe even previous to
previous, but 3 versions back? Especially that the difference between
5.3 and 5.4 is huge.

Supporting PHP 5.3 is like supporting IE 6/7 while building modern
website. Although graceful degradation seems to be much more feasible on
the front-end side (if you don't have that box-shadow, it's ok - if your
trait disappears, it's a different sort of story).

M.