[Neos] Spam protection of TYPO3.Form forms in Neos

Lorenz Reichelt lr at pripple.de
Sat Jul 5 11:53:00 CEST 2014

Hi everybody,

I have almost finished my first project with TYPO3 Neos. Here is the second of a couple of problems or questions I could neither find an answer to searching the web nor come up with a simple solution myself. I have started two different threads for two very similar topics, as it seems to me that technically they aren't related.

Is there already a best practice to spam protect forms created through the TYPO3.Form package that is used by TYPO3 Neos to render forms in the front end? If not, has anyone already tried to create a special form view helper and validator that implements some basic spam protection like a honeypot or a (math?) question for the user to answer? Another thought: Has anyone already tried to integrate TYPO3.Form with akismet?

Thanks and best regards!
Lorenz