[Neos] TYPO3CR nodes : lastChanged

Bernhard Schmitt himself at nezaniel.org
Tue Jan 28 15:03:10 CET 2014

Hi there,

I am currently working on adding a lastChanged attribute to the NodeData model for general use, e.g. in RSS and XML sitemaps. While the model changes work fine so far, I have issues with automatic updating of the attribute on persistence.
I talked to Robert about this at T3DD13 and came to the conclusion to use the @ORM\PrePersist annotation on an updateLastChanged method. It worked back then, but now (v1.0.1) the method is still called on persistence but seems to have no effect any more, i.e. the value isn't persisted in the database.

A possible solution is to call updateLastChanged in NodeData::update, but the original solution seems much better to me since the NodeData::update method can be circumvented by directly calling NodeDataRepository::update.

Is there any way to get the annotated version running again? Or are Aspects the way to go in 1.x?