[Neos] [Team] General updates & 1.2 release

Aske Ertmann aske at moc.net
Sun Aug 31 22:34:37 CEST 2014

Hello team,

Thanks for a great code sprint in Kiel. Especially thanks to Berit & Christopher for organizing it. We should write an article about the code sprint and release, is anybody up for that?

The review queue got a lot of attention, which greatly helped finishing pending features/bugfixes etc. However we still have some work to do before we can release a beta for 1.2. I’ve gone through the review document and made sure everything has tickets in Jira.

From now on everything will be organized from Jira, please stop using the review queue as an overview. I’ve spent the whole day going through all tickets and updated them with target versions etc. Currently everything for 1.2 has the fix version set accordingly. Everything that won't make it into 1.2, have been marked with no fix version or 1.3 as fix version. If you have something that should go into 1.2, please add it but be aware that there’s a feature freeze for 1.2 so if it’s a feature you should get in contact with me first.
Be aware that if you push changes without a ticket, you shouldn’t expect reviews since the Jira board is our overview that we’ll focus on. Please assign yourself to the issues if you work on them, and make sure that issues are only in the review queue if they need reviews. So if there’s still something left to do on the change, please move it back to “In progress” until it’s ready for another review.

There are quite some blockers at the moment, primarily related to content translation, node constraints and the link editor. All of these need to be solved before we can release a beta version, because they have behavioural changes. Let’s all try to get these finished as soon as possible, and make sure you assign yourself when working on them. If parts of an issue can be separated into something non-blocking, please do. Additionally mention if there’s anything you think shouldn’t be there.

Additionally there are also quite a lot of bug reports, and we should try to mitigate as many of them as possible. These don’t block the release of the beta however, but will likely block the final release.

Lastly there’s a list of features which don’t have behavioural changes, so there’s not blocking the beta release and can be merged at any point during the beta phase. They need to be merged before the final release though, unless they’re improvement tasks. There’s also some documentation tasks in there.

See the board https://jira.typo3.org/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=8&selectedIssue=NEOS-332&quickFilter=27&quickFilter=29

Let’s work together to get the final steps done so we can have a great release to share with everyone. It’s important for the reputation of the product.

The release of 1.1.1 was also great to see, although it contained a regression that requires a new release a.s.a.p.

Please help getting the regression fixed so we can release again https://review.typo3.org/#/c/32521.

Additionally we should try to get a patch set release out for 1.0. Karsten and I have already back ported, tested and merged some fixes, but there’s still a handful of changes marked for 1.0. Please help with back porting, reviewing and testing.
https://ci.typo3.robertlemke.net/job/Build%20overview%20of%20merged%20changes%20-%20Neos/ws/index.html

Last does anybody know why the banner on http://neos.typo3.org/ is broken? If you do, please fix it :)

Cheers,
Aske